Yorkshire & Humber Diversity Steering Group invite you to their next Interview and Presentation Skills Workshop
Interview and Presentation Skills Workshop
Who is it for?
Aspiring leaders from black and minority ethnic (BME) backgrounds or and women teachers.
*This is a positive action programme funded by the DfE Equality and Diversity fund and is targeted at BME and women colleagues to address the under representation in school leadership.
The School Workforce Census shows that there are enduring diversity challenges within school leadership.
Approximately 7.3% of teachers are BME yet BME individuals make up only 3% of middle leaders, 2% senior leaders and 1% of headteachers (nationally 3%)
Approximately 77% of teachers are women yet only 67% of headteachers are women (at secondary 38%)
How will participants benefit?
The aim is for participants to:
- Secure a deeper understanding of the selection processes involved in the recruitment of middle and senior leaders in schools.
- Increase self-confidence and effectiveness in interview situations
- Take part in mock leadership and pupil panel interviews
- Increase self-confidence and personal effectiveness
- Get career planning support
This is what some of our past participants have told us:
- Excellent, just what I needed especially with the interview panel.
- A very positive and progressive session – empowering and stimulating, and some excellent resources.
- Thoroughly enjoyed the experience. This certainly lived up to my expectations and more!!
- This session has been the catalyst to focus my thoughts on the next steps of my journey for career development.
- Fantastic to have ‘real experience’ with quality feedback.
- SWOT analysis is something I have done at work but never on myself!!!
- Interview questions helpful to start planning answers.
- I have gained tips on how to answer questions.
What does it involve?
Attendance on 13th June 2018, 1500-1800 at Carlton I&J School, Batley
Cost: This is a DfE funded programme and is available at no cost to successful applicants or their schools, places are limited so early booking is advisable.
How to Apply: Register to book your place by 4th June 2018 here>>