Our vision is to empower, develop and connect current and future leaders to redress the gender inequalities in leadership across all sectors of education. We will promote potential, build authentic leadership and celebrate achievements of women leaders to inspire future generations. We believe that positive challenges come from being in a like-minded regional network.
Our aim to is develop a visible regional network where women can go for support, professional development, networking, develop/pilot new ways of working at a systemic and individual level to unlock potential talent. A network that will link with subregional, regional, national and global women’s networks for the advancement of women.
We want to:
- inspire and empower, encourage and celebrate the skills and talents of existing and aspiring women leaders
- identify, encourage and promote good practice in improving opportunities
- nurture and retain women through mentoring, coaching and shadowing
- scrutinise and challenge bias against women in education
- develop future leaders and role models
- provide a personalised menu of services based on identified needs
- provide energy and synergy at a regional level
- Greater understanding and awareness of the support available for the development of women leaders
- Increased confidence, self-belief, and resilience in networking sessions, mentoring, coaching, facilitating sessions
- Networking opportunities for sharing of ideas and tips for success
- Numbers of women applying for promoted posts